Last Updated -
Welcome to Zepp, now that you have a Zepp Sensor you’re ready to analyze your game and swing. This guide is intended to get you from first receiving the product, to capturing your first session. Each Zepp kit comes with a USB charger, two racquet mounts, and a Zepp sensor. Let’s get started!
1. Charge your Sensor
- Remove plastic film from the back side of the Zepp sensor
- Insert the USB charger into any USB port and place the sensor into the charger
- Allow sensor to fully charge prior to use to avoid any issues. A full charge may take up to 2.5 hours to complete, and the sensor will indicate it is fully charged when all 10 LED lights are pulsating every 6 seconds
2. Download the Free App (iOS or Android)
- Locate either the App Store or Play Store (iOS / Android respectively) and open it
- In the search bar, search Zepp Tennis
- Select either Get, Download, or the cloud icon (Varies depending on device) to begin the download
3. Setup your Zepp Account
- Open up the app, and select “Get Started”
- Choose whether you would like to create your account using an Email address or Facebook
- Setup your account by inputting your account information
4. Turn on your Sensor
- Ensure sensor is fully charged
- Remove sensor from USB charger. The sensor will automatically power off once removed from a power source.
- Push the button inward from the corner towards the center of the sensor and hold for 4 seconds. All of the LED lights will flash as it turns on
5. Connect your Sensor
- Once the sensor is fully charged, exit the Zepp app and enter your mobile devices Settings
- Select Bluetooth and turn it on
- Find the Zepp sensor and select it. You will receive a pairing request to sync, select Pair
- Once paired, your mobile device will show the sensor as "Paired" or "Connected." This may vary depending on the mobile device that is being used
- The sensor can only be paired via Bluetooth to one device at a time. If you would like to pair the sensor to an alternative mobile device, you must first un-pair the sensor from your current mobile device
6. Mount your Sensor
- Flex Mount - Start by aligning the octagon shape of the mount with the octagon shape of your tennis racket handle. Stretch the mount over the bottom of the handle so the shapes are aligned, and pull the mount tight over the handle. To insert the sensor, find the Zepp logo and the two small protruding vertical tabs on two of the corners of the mount near the logo area. Align the sensor button with one of these tabs (either one) and insert the sensor into the mount with LEDs facing outward
- Pro Mount - Start by aligning the octagon shape of the mount with the octagon shape of your tennis racket handle. Remove the tape from the bottom of the mount and press firmly to apply. Allow 24 hours for adhesive to set prior to use. To insert the sensor, align the LED channel with the logo on the mount and insert the sensor into the mount with LEDs facing outward
7. Calibrate your Sensor
- Enter the Zepp Tennis App
- The app will automatically connect to the sensor and you'll see a sensor icon blink on the top of the home screen indicating the sensor is connecting
- Once Connected, the icon will become solid and you will be asked to calibrate your sensor
- Place sensor into the mount and set your racquet on the ground
- Select Calibrate, leaving the racquet on a firm surface until calibration indicates it is successful
- We recommend doing this once a day for the most accurate results. Once calibrated, the sensor will be ready to capture a session
- Anytime you wish to recalibrate the sensor, tap the yellow sensor icon located at the top of the 3D view
8. Capture a Session!
- Select Start Play Tracking from the Home Screen to open the Play Tracking Start Screen
- Select "Start"
- Close the app, put your mobile device away and go play! All swing data will store on the sensor locally until the end of your session
- Once your session has ended, open the Zepp Tennis app and the sensor will automatically reconnect to the app and ask whether you would like to sync or discard the data. Select Sync Data and all swing information will download into the app and ask you where the session was a single or doubles match, or a practice session and generate a session report
Note: Your sensor may require a Firmware Update. This will increase the device's accuracy and provide better sensor functionality. Click Here or more information on how to update your firmware.
Did you find this article helpful?