Sometimes when updating the sensor firmware, the signal can be interrupted, and the sensor will get stuck in a firmware update. Luckily, such issues are able to be resolved in 99% of cases where they occur.
If you see the LED on your sensor keep blinking in white after your app warns you sensor firmware update failed, this means that the sensor is stuck in a firmware update. Before we start troubleshooting, please make sure that your sensor has a decent battery charge. If the blinking LED has drained the battery, please make sure to put the sensor on the charger and leave it on for a full 2-3 hours. After that, you can remove the sensor from the charger and continue with the steps below.
## Firmware Troubleshooting:
Please do all of the following steps in order:
- For ZEPP 2 Golf/Baseball(Softball) user, please press and hold the sensor button for 4 seconds to turn off the sensor (you should see the LED stop blinking, turn to full white, and gradually turn off). For ZEPP 2 Tennis users, please skip this step.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Close any unneeded apps running in the background on your mobile device.
- Fully turn off mobile device, then turn it back on.
- For ZEPP 2 Golf/Baseball(Softball) user, please press and hold the sensor button for 4 seconds to turn on the sensor. For ZEPP 2 Tennis user, please skip this step.
- Turn your mobile device’s Bluetooth back on.
- Enter the Zepp app again, and go to the Sensor List screen and make sure the sensor is connected in the app.
Once the above steps are complete, all we need to do is run through the update one more time by tapping on your sensor in the list, and then tapping on ‘Firmware Update’. For maximum stableness, please put on the sensor charger during the firmware update process.
If this process does not work, then it’s likely that just a few additional steps are needed, as we can resolve firmware update issues in 99% of cases. If you need to run through these additional steps, please email us by [sending an email through our web submission form.](https://support.zepp.com/customer/portal/emails/new)